Many children suffer the ill effects of breathing issues once in a while. This is generally temporary but sometime it can be critical.
Causes Of Breathing Problem
- Respiratory Diseases like croup, bronchitis and pneumonia.
Symptom Of Breathing Problem
- Hoarse voice
- Rapid Breathing
- Mild Coughing
- Nasal Flaring
- Chest Congestion
Breathing issues in youngsters can be treated with natural home remedies at home. These remedies can be very effective for the breathing problem but if the condition seems to critical then you should immediately concern to the doctor.
Home Treatments for Breathing Problems in Babies
Sit in a Steam Room
The steam is very effective way to get relief from the breathing issue. You can create a steam room your self at your home. Steam can provide the relief from congestion. For making the steam room follow the below points.
- Keep running the shower of hot water for few minutes.
- Fill the bathroom with steam
- Close the bathroom door to store the steam inside
- Now just sit in the steam filled bathroom with the baby for few minutes
- Child can inhale the steam naturally
- Take atleast 15 minutes one time
- Repeat this two times in a day
Use a humidifier is also useful for breathing problem. This will moisturize the air and helps to relief with congestion. Because the dry hair can be discomfort the nasal passages.
- You need to use a humidifier in the child room.
- Alternatively you can use the hot water bowl
- Place the hot water bowl in the room
- This can be help to increase the moisture in the air
Chicken soup is a also a great option when suffering from respiratory infections and breathing problems. Chicken soup can help relieve congestion.
Chicken contains an amino acid that is called cystein. Cysteine will converts to glutathione to a very powerful antioxidant. You can give the child to the vegetable soup as well like carrot, tomato.
Honey is a most effective natural home remedy for children for breathing problems due to a common cold, cough or asthma. Honey has potent antibacterial, antioxidant and immune-boosting properties. These properties of honey help to promote healing.
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey and half tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix them gently
- Give this mixture of honey and lemon juice to the affective children
- Honey with warm milk mixture is also help to get relief from breathing problem.
Turmeric is well known and most effective natural remedy breathing problem is due to a cough, cold or asthma. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which can provide the instant relief from breathing issue.
- In a pan take 1 cup water and half teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Mix these and boil and let it cool down
- Give this to child to drink once or twice a day
Ginger which anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral and properties that can helpful to deal with breathing problems.
- Take equal amounts of ginger juice, pomegranate juice and honey.
- Mix these three
- Give 1 table spoon of this mixture to the affective child
- Repeat this 2-3 times in a day
- Take ginger candy as an alternative for get relief from breathing problem