Generally we face the certain injury in our life and due to this swelling on the head occur. This type of swelling is also called goose egg’. This is very common in children. Due to injury fluid oozing out of damaged blood vessels and a soft swelling on the forehead. This Goose Egg is not a serious problem and can be treated easily with home remedies. You can also go to the doctor to make sure for the brain injury.
Symptom of Goose egg
- Swelling on Forehead
Here we are listing some effective natural home remedies to treat the Goose Egg. These will help to reduce the pain and swelling due to injury.
Cold Compress for Swelling on the Fore Head
Cold compress is one of the best natural home remedy to deal with the goose egg. Cooling effect of the cold compress helps to reduce the swelling and pain as well. It helps to tighten the blood vessels and provide the relief from head injury. You need to apply cold compress in 24 hours after injury.
- Take the ice cube and wrap it in the towel.
- Apply this ice pack on the injured area.
- Use this for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this method after every few minutes.
Warm Compress for Swelling on the Fore Head
Like cold compress, the warm compress is also useful for treating the goose egg. But you have to use warm compress after 2 hours. You just need to apply warm compress on the affected area. It helps to increase the flow of blood. This will provide the reaches of nutrition to the blood tissues.
Castor Oil for Swelling on the Fore Head
Castor oil is also very popular natural remedy for several health issues. Castor oil helps to reduce the swelling and pain both due to goose egg. It has anti-inflammatory property that helps to deal with goose egg.
- Take the castor oil and honey in equal amount.
- Mix these two ingredients well
- Now take a cotton ball and dip in this prepared mixture.
- Apply this cotton ball on the affected area.
- Leave it for half an hour.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this home remedy twice in a day.
Turmeric for Swelling on the Fore Head
Turmeric contains antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties. These properties help to reduce the pain and swelling due to any injury. This is the most effective home remedy for the goose egg.
- Take the two table spoon of turmeric and 2 tea spoon coconut oil.
- Mix these well and prepare the mixture.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it to be dry.
- Then rinse off this remedy warm water or wet cloth in warm water.
- Repeat this method thrice in a day.
- Alternatively you can mix the 1 teaspoon turmeric in lukewarm milk, mix this and drink. This will surely reduce the pain. Drink this solution twice in a day.
Black Tea Bags for Swelling on the Fore Head
Black tea has compounds known as tannins. Tannins have astringent qualities that are very helpful for goose egg. This remedy helps to reduce swelling and pain both due to injury.
- Take a black tea bag and soak it in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Take it out from the water and keep side for cooling.
- Apply it on swollen area.
- Use this for 5 minutes.
- Repeat black tea method for thrice in day.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Swelling on the Fore Head
Apple cider vinegar is another very effective natural home remedy to dealing with swelling on the fore head due to injury. Apple cider vinegar contains alkalizing anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce the inflammation as well.
- Take the apple cider vinegar and water in equal amount.
- Mix these well and prepare the solution.
- Make it warm.
- Take a cloth and soak in the solution.
- Then wrap this cloth around the affected area.
- Leave it for 12 minutes and repeat this method twice in a day.
- It will help to reduce the swelling and deal with goose egg.
Onion for Swelling on the Fore Head
Onions contains bioflavonoid quercetin and sulfur compounds that provide anti-inflammatory effects that can help to deal with the goose egg. You can easily find onion in your kitchen. Application of onion will reduce the swelling and pain due to injury.
- Take an onion, chop it well.
- Then wrap the chopped onion in a towel.
- Apply this on the affected area.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with like warm water.
- Repeat this thrice in a day.
Elevate the Head for Swelling on the Fore Head
Elevate the head helps to keep the swollen area to prevent swelling by improving circulation. Swelling can be reducing by elevating head.
- Take one pillow under the head when you take rest or sleep.
- You need to keep flu of rest and keep calm. For this listen music and sing song.
Hope these home remedies help to prevent the goose egg.