Most women suffers from the infection of vaginal thrush. It affects approx 50 to 60 percent of women in their lifetimes. Vaginal thrush, also known as a vaginal yeast infection which occurs due to excessive growth of yeast in the vagina.
Vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast, including candida, and bacteria in normal women. Yeast infection can occur when the balance between the naturally occurring yeast and good bacteria gets disrupted.
Symptom of Vaginal Thrush
- Itching in the vagina and the vulva
- Burning sensation with urination
- White and thick vaginal discharge
- Appearance like cottage cheese
- Redness around the vagina
Here are top natural home remedies for vaginal thrush.
How to Get Rid of a Vaginal Thrush
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is also helpful natural remedy for vaginal thrush or yeast infection.
- Take three teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Mix it two cups of water
- Wash the vaginal area with this solution
- Repeat this 2-3 times in a day until you see improvement
- You can dip cotton ball in the apple cider vinegar and insert in vaginal area, this will also helps to get rid of vaginal thrush.
Yogurt contains good bacteria and it helps to maintain the balance of good bacteria which will helps to treat the yeast infection or vaginal thrush.
- Dip a cotton ball in yogurt and put this in the vagina.
- Leave it for 1 hour
- Then Remove it and clean the area from water and let it be dry
- Repeat it 2-3 times in a day.
Coconut oil is a effective natural remedy for vaginal thrush. Coconut oil has antifungal properties which will help to kill the fungi bacteria for yeast infections.
- Apply coconut oil on the affected area
- Repeat this for 2-3 times in a day until you see improvement
Aloe vera is also known natural remedy to treat the vaginal thrush or yeast infection because it contains vitamins, enzymes and amino acids. Aloe vera has also anti-inflammatory, anti-irritating and antifungal properties which can help to control and treat vaginal thrush.
- Take two tablespoon of aloe vera, one cup orange juice, and water.
- Blend these and prepare the juice.
- Drink this aloe vera juice ne time in a day.
- Repeat this once in a day for a week
Baking soda is the another effective natural home remedy for the yeast infection or vaginal thrush. It has the anti fungal property which will help to get rid of vaginal thrush.
- Take a bath tub of warm water and mix the 5- 6 table spoon of baking soda in it.
- Soak in this solution for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this once in a day for a week.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contains antiseptic agent that can help to get rid of vaginal yeast infection.
- Take few drops of tea tree oil in 2 cups of water.
- Mix these well to make solution.
- Wash the vaginal area by this solution.
- Repeat this 2-3 times in a day until the infection is under control.
Hope these natural home remedies will help you to get rid of vaginal thrush or yeast infection.