Swimmer’s ear is an infection which occurs in the tube that connects the opening of the ear to the eardrum. This infection is also known as otitis externa.
After swimming the water left inside the ear becomes a breeding ground for bacteria, which is the main reason of ear infection.
Causes of Swimmer infection
- Excessive use of headphones
- Hearing aid
- Allergy or irritation from jewelry
- Hair spray
- Hair dyes
Symptoms of swimmer’s ear
- Pain or Discomfort
- Pus or fluid
- Muffled Hearing
The Swimmer’s ear infection is not a serious problem if the proper treatment available. If you will do the delay in treatment it can be dangerous. The main issue can be occur like temporary hearing loss, a long-term infection, deep tissue infection, and bone and cartilage damage.
Here are many simple home remedies that can help to get instant relief from the infection.
Vinegar is one of the most effective natural remedies for swimmer’s ear.
- Take equal amount of vinegar and alcohol in a bowl.
- Just lay down on side to face the affected ear to top.
- Put the 2-3 drop in the affected ear.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then get up.
- Repeat this method for 2 or 3 times a day.
Warm compresses are the useful method for swimmer’s ear. It can help to reduce the pus formation or fluid discharge from the infected ear.
- Take a clean cloth and soak in hot water.
- Put this cloth over the infected ear for few minutes.
- Now tilt head to promote fluid drainage.
- Repeat this method for two – three times in a day.
Basil is the one of useful natural remedy for swimmer’s ear. Basil has antibiotic property which helps to fight the infection and provides relief from pain.
- Take the basil juice and heat this.
- Lay down and put the 2 or 3 drops with the use of a dropper into the infected ear.
- Leave it as it is for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this method for 2-3 times in a day.
Garlic is another effective natural home remedy for ear infections. Garlic has antimicrobial properties and natural pain-relieving qualities which can help to kill the bacteria which are the causes of infection and reduce the pain.
- Take the crushed garlic cloves.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Heat the oil till the garlic color turns brown.
- Strain it and keep the oil to cool for few minutes.
- Put 2 drops in the infected ear.
- Repeat this twice in a day.
Onion juice is a very effective remedy for swimmer’s ear. The onion juice can be act as an effective disinfectant and provides relief from pain.
- Take the one onion juice and heat this for few minutes.
- Pour 2-3 drops of this warm juice into the affected ear.
- Leave it for 5 minutes then tilt your head to drain out the fluid.
- Repeat this method 2-3 times in a day and you can see the instant relief from the swimmer’s ear.
Hydrogen Peroxide is an effective remedy which treat the swimmer’s ear. This natural antibacterial agent helps to dry out the fluid in the ear.
- Take hydrogen peroxide.
- Lay down and put 3 or 4 drops of it into the affected ear.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat this home remedy for two times in a day.