A bunion develops when the pressure of body’s weight falls on the joints and tendons in foot, causing the joint of the big toe to get bigger. Womens are more affected with bunion than man. Wearing tight, high-heeled or narrow shoes are the main reason of these bony bumps. Bunion occurs at a joint, it can produce pain while walking.
Symptoms Of Bunion
- Joint redness
- Corns or calluses
- Blisters at the affected site
Here are few natural home remedies listed which can helps to deal with bunion.
Home Remedies for Bunions
Ice therapy is very good option to relieve from pain and inflammation due to Bunions. The cold temperature numbs the nerve endings and provides relief from pain.
- Take the crushed ice and thin cotton cloth.
- Ice wrapped in the thin cotton cloth.
- Place this over the affected area.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat this method 2-3 times in a day.
Epsom salt soak to alleviate the pain which occur due to bunions . Epsom salt contains high magnesium content which helps to control the pH levels in the body, which helps to get rid of inflammation and pain.
- Take warm water into a small tub.
- Add a little Epsom salt to the water and stir it.
- Soak foot in it until the water is cold.
- Let the foot dry thoroughly.
- Massage with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Repeat this 2-3 times in a day.
Massage is the effective way to treat the bunions. Daily massage on affected area is prevent the bunions problem. This method helps increase the blood circulation to the affected area and provides the relief from pain due to bunions.
- Take some warm castor, olive, or coconut oil.
- Rub this on affected area.
- Do deep massage for 5-10 minutes using these oils.
- Repeat 2 – 3 times in a day.
Calendula is another effective herbal remedy for bunions. Calendula is also known as marigold. Calendula has anti-inflammatory properties which can help to reduce the pain due to the bunions.
- Take some crushed calendula leaves.
- Extract the juice of it.
- Apply the calendule juice on the affected area.
- Leave it to dry on its own.
- Repeat 2-3 times in a day.
Chamomile is effective herbal remedy that helps to provide relief from bunion problem. Chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce pain and inflammation due to bunions.
- Sip the cup of tea using a chamomile tea bag.
- Put the used tea bag on your bunion.
- Repeat this remedy 3-4 times in a day.
Turmeric is a famous antibiotic remedy. It contains the component of curcumin, and pain blocking ability. These properties will help to reduce the pain and inflammation due to the bunions.
- Prepare a paste of half teaspoon of turmeric powder and a olive oil.
- Mix it and apply it on your bunion.
- Repeat this remedy 2 – 3 times in a day for several days.
- This remedy will help to deal with pain and inflammation.