In the daily routine life the people are generally suffer with injuries. For example they fall down the road and sprain their ankle, or trying to lift a heavy goods and injure arm. Such examples of injuries are many types.
These types of injuries are very common they cause pain and swelling. If the swelling is excessive, it can add to the more pain and lead to other complications. There are many natural home remedies to treat the swelling from such types of injuries. Here are the top home remedies for swelling from an injury.
Home Remedies for Swelling from an Injury
Cold compress is one of the best ways to reduce pain and swelling. Use of cold temperature provides a numbing effect on the nerves, which in turn plays a main role in reducing the swelling and inflammation.
- Take few ice cubes which is generally available at home.
- Wrap these ice cubes in a thin cloth.
- Rub this pack gently on the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this for every 3 to 4 hours.
- This will surely provide relief from pain and swelling.
The main reason of swelling in any part of the body due to injuries is poor circulation.
Elevating is one of the best method to get relief from the pain and swelling such as a hand, finger, ankle or leg, above your chest can help a lot to reduce swelling. Blood circulation can be improve by elevation and this will help to relief from discomfort such as swelling and pain.
- If swelling can be occur on hand or fingers then just sit on a comfort sofa.
- Keep a few pillows on its arm rest.
- Rest your hand on top of the pillows.
- Put a few pillows under the affected area.
- You can see the instant relief from pain.
Apple Cider Vinegar
As you know Apple cider vinegar is very effective home remedy for many of the diseases. Apple cider vinegar also helpful to reduce swelling due to its anti-inflammatory and alkalizing properties. It has also contain the potassium, calcium and other essential minerals which helps to reduce the pain and inflammation.
- Take the apple cider vinegar and water equally.
- Keep this solution in the microwave
- Soak a towel in it.
- Wrap the wet towel to the affected area and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat this twice daily.
- You can drink the mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey.
Warm Oil Massage
Massage is another best method to reduce swelling due to injuries. Massage can help to improves blood circulation, which is one of the main reason of swelling after an injury.
- Take some mustard oil or olive oil
- Warm this mixture in the microwave.
- Put warm oil on the affected area.
- Give gentle massage the affected area with this mixture for 5 minutes
- Leave it on few hours.
- Repeat this several times in a day.
Compressing is the another best method to reduce swelling due to injuries. it provides prevents to fluid from accumulating in the injured area, which will help in reducing pain and swelling
- Get an ACE wrap or similar elastic bandage.
- Wrap the bandage using around the affected area.
- Keep the bandage for whole day until the swelling reduces.
- Remove the bandage at the bed time at night.