Dry socket is very irritating and painful dental problem. Dry socket is also known as alveolar osteitis. Dry socket develop after few days of tooth pulled. Once tooth extraction done then there is a blood clot generated on the site to protect the nerves.
There are several causes for dry socket. Main reasons are Bacterial Infection and Bone and Tissue Trauma.
Symptoms Of Dry Socket
- Pain in the socket
- Pain in the same side of the face as the extraction
- Bone in the socket that is sensitive to touch
- Swelling in the soft tissues surrounding the socket
- Bad breath
- Bad taste in the mouth
- Swollen Lymph nodes
You need to get relief from the pain and discomfort due to dry socket. Here are some natural home remedies given which can be helpful to get rid of dry socket issue.
Black Tea Bags
Black tea bag is also helpful to get rid of pain due to dry socket. Black tea bag contains the tannic acid which works like antibiotic.This property of black tea bag helps to reduce the pain, swelling and discomfort due to dry socket. You can try this remedy at home and find the better solution to deal with dry socket issue.
- Dip the black tea bag into hot cup of water.
- Leave this in the hot water for 5 minutes.
- Then squeeze the access water.
- Keep this squeezed tea bag in the refrigerator for few minutes.
- Put this cold black tea bag in to the dry socket.
- You can bite the cold tea bag with teeth.
- Pull out the tea bag from mouth and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this method once in a day for a week or as needed.
Cold press is a well tested method to reduce the pain in the jaw and cheek is common among those suffering from dry socket. It is very effective to deal with dry socket issue.
- Take a thin cotton towel.
- Dip it in cold water and wring the excess water.
- Put this cold cloth on the area where pain occur.
- Keep it for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this method for several times in a day.
- After using of few days you can feel the relief from the pain and discomfort.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is also a very effective natural antiseptic. Tea tree oil helps to deal with dry socket issue. You can try this remedy treatment at home.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in cold water.
- Now put few drops of tea tree oil on this wet cotton ball.
- Press the swab into the area where the dry socket developed.
- Leave it for few minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this twice in a day or when you feel the pain.
Clove oil contains anesthetic and analgesic properties which proven to be an effective treatment for dry socket. Clove oil is very effective remedy to get rid of dry socket issue. You can use this remedy at home and found the relieve from pain and discomfort due to dry socket.
- Take a cotton ball and dip this in clove oil.
- Put it in the socket for 1 minute.
- Remove this after one minute.
- Rinse mouth with luke warm water.
- Repeat this several times in a week.